1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Join 6TERS to start chatting with online members. Click to Register.

Facebook To Start Paying Users For Uploaded Videos Soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amara, Jan 11, 2017. Views:196

1. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    Facebook is going to start paying you for all those videos you upload on Facebook soon but don't get too excited as there's a twist in this tale. A very painful and annoying one. If you're willing to compromise or probably loose your fans for some extra cash then you shouldn't have a problem.

Remember those pre-roll ads on YouTube that usually start before the video you want to view and can only be skipped after 5 seconds?

I've got good news for you then, Mark Zuckerberg also hates them.

The bad news? Well, Facebook is planning to introduce another type of advertising that might prove to be very annoying.

I'm talking about mid-roll ads. These ads are coming to Facebook videos, and they will interrupt what you're watching to display an ad.

The mid-roll ads will be shown after you've watched a video for just 20 seconds. Thankfully it'll be will only be available for videos that are at least up to 2 minutes long, but they still have the potential to make people stop watching Facebook videos after the initial 20 seconds.
    Currently, Mid-roll ads have already been tested for live videos, but the new rollout will now include all videos on Facebook. Facebook will be sharing ad revenue with the content creators, keeping 45% of all sales for itself - just like YouTube does.

For now, this still in the testing phase, but if it proves successful then expect most videos you see on Facebook to become ad-infested pretty soon.

I think it should have an opt in option due to privacy issues on Facebook. Facebook would not want to infringe on user privacy by adding ads without permission from users.

This is the first chance many publishers will have at monetizing their Facebook videos. Facebook users are already watching 100 million hours of video per day, so this will also bag the social network some nice amounts of cash.

Culled from:
    Facebook To Start Paying Users For Uploaded Videos Soon - NaijaTechGuy

1484065317464.JPG cursor pointer;.jpg

Tags:
    Big6TER likes this.
  2. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    Hmm.... I no give a damn of whatever the conditions are as far as the pay go flow in.... If I may ask, who fans help?
    Make Facebook start the play jorh make I show them say I be better movie producer.
    Mark Zuckerberg, I hail oh, may your days be long here on earth.

3. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    Hahahahaha... Eyor1 you don de see the dollar signs abi? Abeg where ya certificate to show say even Steven Spielberg no even see your back for movie production?

Eyor1 likes this.
  4. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    This is a great development by Mark Zuckerberg and I bet some viewers won't mind about the adverts,it is just about pressing the fast forward button. Shikena!
    When I read the news, Mark Angel comedy came to mind, because the pay from people watching their videos on Facebook would go a long way to helping their comedy ministry.

5. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    Agirly, no worry, time will tell, make them blow the whistle first.
    When niggas don deh post like three hundred plus videos in one day, them go come out to tell the public say nah mistake oh when they said that they will pay for videos posted because niggas go turn am to handwork, Mark Zuckerberg go hia nwi because him pockets go empty.

6. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed

Hahahahahaha... I no think say Mark go change mind jor, afterall himsef go still earn money from the development.

7. teezhie

teezhieEnthusiast

Student
    Facebook to start paying members for uploading videos... that's somehow hard to believe anyway let it start soon as fellow Nigerians are going broke..
    .no problem about the ad...let em keep displaying so far the money is not Hindered

8. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    It shouldn't be hard to believe, YouTube is already doing it and if Facebook wants to follow suit, it is to the benefit of those who upload videos especially the comedy ones.

9. teezhie

teezhieEnthusiast

Student
    well I think you're right bub have you tried earning from em

10. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    @Amara..... The thing just be say even if them actualize that, earning from those crooks would not be an easy task because I am not sure they will pay for every single video uploaded but only those that meets the requirements that they will want and I guess the pay would not also be enticing.

11. ganiyat

ganiyatFanatic

Guess you guys should understand that Facebook don't mean to say they are paying you to overload their server with videos which in 30 seconds could amount to about 1 thrillion Gigabytes from the likes of eyor1 :D

If you understand how Youtube video ads works then you'll understand Facebook video ads too.

If you upload video to Facebook server, you don't get paid for it until it is watched by someone. And not just that, u still don't get paid until the someone watch the video and not skip the advert.

Where do you think Facebook will make the money from if you upload all sorts of video that doesn't affect humanity on their server. You upload video of how u go to toilet every morning and you expect to be paid? You see a video on Facebook, you watch it and when it got to advertisement you skipped it and you expect the owner of the video to get a cut of the money.

The money Facebook is giving to you guys is coming from people who paid for their advert to be displayed for fb members. So for each advert you skip, the more pay you miss.

12. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    Hahahahahahahahahaha @ganiyat... Take time oh, why must you make me the case study?
    I do bad thing talk my mind?
    Let me say something oh, I am not that naive as not to know their policies but I was just being funny.
    So ganiyat, no carry me catch fun this new year oh.

13. Oreofe5712

Oreofe5712Newbie

14. Timskid

TimskidNewbie

student ad part time worker
    Home Page:
    So u means say mark angel get hand 4 facebook