1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Join 6TERS to start chatting with online members. Click to Register.

Few Things To Know About 6ters Before Creating A New Thread Or Posting A New Comment

Discussion in 'Need Help and Support?' started by Big6TER, Oct 14, 2015. Views:1,682

1. Big6TER

Big6TER is a Verified MemberBig6TERwww.6ters.com Staff Member

Welcome to 6TERS Social Forum.

Please read carefully the below guidelines and instructions to help you get the best out of 6TERS.

-> Any of 6TERS' Moderators is reserved the right to moderate (EDIT or DELETE) a thread or comment in compliance with the forum's Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s).

Our moderators are fair-minded, equitable, evenhanded, impartial, unbiased, objective, neutral, disinterested, unprejudiced, open-minded, non-partisan, non-discriminatory and friendly. You have 100% freedom of expression in Our forum. But be sure to read and follow the instructions in this post carefully.

User Group Permissions
    Be aware that 6TERS members are either grouped into ONE of, or MORE THAN ONE of the following categories listed below;
    • Guest - Visitor (View permission)
    • Registered (Default group after registration) - Basic forum permission - include view, create and edit
    • Moderating - Basic permission plus Manage (edit and delete threads by others) forums permission
    • Trust LVL 1- Advance permission. Can create Poll
    • Banned - Only View permission
    • Administrative - All permission

NOTE:
    • Messages on 6TERS refers to THREADS or total number of THREADS and REPLIES as the case may be.
    • Interested in blogging or posting articles on 6TERS? Please use the BLOG section to Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s).

-> To drive more audience to your thread or comment, be sure to;

1. have your profile picture uploaded,

2. post in the right forum,

3. write a clear and readable sentences in English. Pidgin, vernacular not acceptable,

4. relate with other members in the right manner.​

-> You can send a private message to any member by visiting their profile page directly.

-> You can start a topic in any of the Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s) or add a comment to other people's thread;

-> You will likely meet with other Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s) members who are searching to connect and start a new Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s). Feel free to mingle.

- -> You can post your own discussion or comment on other members relationship questions, give advice, suggest a solution and share your experience.​

-> You may set a Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s) to appear at the baseline of every post you make. Simply go to your profile settings to set a new one.

-> Are you getting too many notifications from a thread you participated in? You can change your alert settings by clicking 'Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s)' in your account settings

IMPORTANT!

Please report any suspicious, misleading, spam or unfriendly post or comment by clicking on the "Report" option at the bottom of each thread or comment and then select.

If you have suggestions or opinions, you can post them here Your post count must be 10 in order to see this link. You currently have 0 post(s)

Regards
    6TERS Team

Tags:
    sogie and cutyfwesh like this.
  2. Holusholah

HolusholahNewbie

3. Gray5

Gray5Fanatic

Nice place...6ters.com. Getting to love this place!

4. Cordenify

CordenifyEnthusiast

Site Engineer
    Home Page:
  5. tinu

tinuAmateur

Interesting. It's gonna be som adventure here ;)

6. Omonla

OmonlaNewbie

Its cool in here, love to hook up with any cute and sexy lay here

7. reealitii

reealitiiNewbie

loving it already hope to me the chosen one soon

8. ifedahyoh44

ifedahyoh44Newbie

9. gaga

gagaNewbie

hi, great site.

10. Gray5

Gray5Fanatic

@gaga, You a lady or guy pls?

11. drakkypee

drakkypeeNewbie

12. kaycee214

kaycee214Newbie

13. missbenny

missbennyAmateur

14. Guest

GuestGuest

oh i see..

15. Guest

GuestGuest

16. jaywon

jaywonEnthusiast

Nice one. Sure this will be a good guide.

up-

17. cutyfwesh

cutyfweshEnthusiast

Good to know blogging is for everyone. Was thinking is for staff only.

18. lemonade

lemonadeFanatic Trust LVL 1

Niceup-

19. bussymania

bussymaniaEnthusiast

20. Big6TER

@Eyor1 @HoneyBlinkz1 @Amara and others, please note:rolleyes:

21. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    BIG6TER, I humbly disagree with this one o. If we can't make comments in pidgin language which is a part of us, it will suck the fun being here. We need to be free with the way we comment, lest 6ters become too rigid.
    No be everytime person go de flow for correct English na, it is hard work already.
    Please reconsider, thank you very much.

HoneyBlinkz1 likes this.
  22. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
  23. HoneyBlinkz1

HoneyBlinkz1Addict

worker
    @Big6TER, sorry to say dis ooh.. But we are all Nigerians and pigin still remains part of our lives especially those of us who express ourselves with it and also hv fun chating one another with it.. Please ooh, i think that should be reviewed or better still removed if possible..

Amara likes this.
  24. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    I concur, asking us not to comment in pidgin language is just like someone saying I shouldn't write in my native language. I like being free with my comments, it is my style. Even my Facebook friends have come to accept that part of me.

25. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    You sure do look cute making that face(lolz) but please do reconsider.

Big6TER likes this.
  26. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    @6ters... Your points noted... But I totally disagree on the banning of pidgin, that is our language for crying out loud, must we die with oral English being the white mans'?
    Pidgin brings in the fun and enthusiasm in the chats.
    No chat network or platform has ever banned pigin, we are in Nigeria for God's sake.
    We do the chatting, allow us use the style we deem fit, just do the regulations.

Amara and Big6TER like this.
  27. Big6TER

6TERS is not just about Nigerians. 6TERS is for everyone, Nigeria and beyond.

We are looking at a situation where someone whom the only central language that connects us together is English. How would they be able to react to our topics and comments?

Please, try at all times to keep the consistency in the mode of communication, it will help shape the forum.

Please abide by the rules. Thanks to you all as you do so. :)

28. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    Hmmm... BIG6TER, Nairaland and Facebook encompass people from different countries, we all still find a way to communicate effectively using our languages.
    You just want to take us out of our freestyle zone for something, that will be hard to adhere to. :( :( :(

Big6TER likes this.
  29. Amara

AmaraAddict Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    Honestly, this rule will be quite hard for us to follow and it won't be defiance of it, just that I can't bear the thought of not being free to write in pidgin language.
    This is already a part of us. *sobs*

Big6TER likes this.
  30. Big6TER