1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Join 6TERS to start chatting with online members. Click to Register.

I have a problem with my roommates. Should I confront them directly?

Discussion in 'People/Places/Events' started by collegegirl20, Jun 14, 2018 at 5:07 AM.

1. collegegirl20

collegegirl20Newbie

I’m a freshman in college and my two other roommates are Shenyang women from China. Everything is going well and I get along fine with both of them but I have a problem with their hygiene- or lack thereof. My biggest pet peeve when it comes to living with other people is when they don’t clean up after themselves, especially after they use the common areas like our small kitchenette and shared bathroom. Should I confront them about it? If so, what’s the best way to broach the topic without seeming rude or demanding?

Tags:
  2. Samantha65

Samantha65Newbie

That's a big "NO" to me, I don't want to have that kind of roomates like oh my god, I really hate it! and you really need to confront them, but please not in an insult way.
    Just tell them that they have to clean everthing after they use it and in a calm voice please. I guess that's it!

3. rowbeen33

rowbeen33Newbie

I think there is nothing wrong with confront them. If I was in your shoe, I will honestly tell them about this issue without second thoughts.

4. flyn23

flyn23Newbie

That's a worst thing when you have a messy roommates but then that's a good decision to confront them in nicest way.