1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Join 6TERS to start chatting with online members. Click to Register.

Occupy Nigeria 2017: More Entertainers Back Idea of Nationwide Protest

Discussion in 'News > All' started by Amara, Jan 31, 2017. Views:215

1. Amara

AmaraAddict Moderator VIP Xtra Trust LVL 1

Self-Employed
    %255BUNSET%255D-1.jpg

The Occupy Nigeria 2017 Nationwide protest which is staged to hold on the 5th of February is getting more backing by more prominent Nigerians.

Nigerian entertainers are set to participate in the planned nationwide protest against the policies of President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration in the country which has seen many people lose their jobs and also the economy go into recession.

Top music star, Innocent Idibia a.k.a 2face, last Monday, had called on Nigerians to join him in a nationwide protest against the ‘policies’ implemented by President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration. Inflation has risen from below 10% to 19% during the current administration while the naira has suffered greatly in the foreign exchange market.

Moments after 2face made the call, music stars like Davido and Burna Boy threw their weights behind the “African Queen” singer . Other entertainers have followed suit. They include, maverick musician, Charly Boy, comedian, I Go Dye and popular ‘Galala’ singer, Daddy Showkey.

I Go Dye, yesterday described the planned nationwide protest as a step in the right direction, declaring that he would support the cause.

He said, “Social movement and societal development requires certain actions and inaction. The planned protest is a step in the right direction. Our leadership class in both political and religious circles have failed to defend the weak in our midst.

Source:- KikioTolu

Tags:
    deola likes this.
  2. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    Omehn....
    This will be a mega rally.... For sure this rally will bring about the desired change we need in this country because it has not just the common men and women, but celebrities who should have been in the comfort of their homes relaxing, coming out on the streets to protest.
    Our voices must be heard by fire by force.

3. Amara

Self-Employed
    If you were in Lagos, would you have joined?

4. Amara

Self-Employed
    The Occupy Nigeria protest is a good initiative by 2face and with more celebrities indicating their interest to join,it is better than doing nothing at all.

5. Amara

Self-Employed
    It is high time those in government hear the voices of Nigerians from the streets,most especially the Youth.
    For those who have condemned and are busy attacking 2face personally, guess they are comfortable with the way things are in the country.

6. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    Omehn...
    Though I love the protest and support them whole heartedly...
    I would not have dared join the ranks and files of this nation to do a protest of this magnitude....
    I rather stay indoors and cheer them up after all, everybody must not protest, if eventually the crazy police officers starts shooting, everybody must not die.

7. deola

deolaEnthusiast VIP Max

This protest is going to be interesting and I hope the change we've all wanted is achieved after all

8. cutyfwesh

cutyfweshEnthusiast

But what's going to happen now that Tuface cancelled the protest

9. Eyor1

Eyor1Super Addict

Geographical surveyor
    Sorry to burst your bubbles.... The prtest has been called off by the organizer.