1. 6TERS is introducing PowerUser - Read More

° Which Was Your Favorite Biscuit Back Then?

Discussion in 'Childhood Memories' started by Vivian, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Vivian

Vivian Amateur

Which was your favorite biscuit Back then? Let's have a deep Convo[​IMG]

Tags:
    htweet and bolade like this.
  2. lemonade

lemonade Enthusiast Trusted

Lolz... reminiscence...obviously, that was speedy biscuits o. I remember when it first came out and the small chopped biscuits were so chololatey and crunchy. Each nylon pack is often filled to the brim. All of a sudden, they started reducing the size, eventually they ended up filling up the small chops with air...the whole stuff would look OK until you crunch and find out it was balloony inside...well, na dat time my eye open sha!

bolade likes this.
  3. Missy

Missy Newbie

I love coconut biscuit! it reminds me of my secondary schl day.I doubt if its still in market

bolade likes this.
  4. mrdeekseen

mrdeekseen Enthusiast Trusted

Deep convo on top biscuit? Lol, babe get small chill na lol.

Anyway, besides that FISHLY, at some point in time the others were a favorite. Especially coconut cookies and speedy. They were for 'movie time'.

bolade likes this.
  5. lemonade

You must be a real addict o...

mrdeekseen likes this.
  6. mrdeekseen

My brother, it was when I changed location that I was able to overcome the desire. The aboki didn't have them.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    lemonade, Vivian and bolade like this.
  7. bolade

bolade Amateur

Wow I love this biscuits. My favorite was coconut. Even now I still love biscuits and my favorite is fibre active. Seems cos of me the company stopped supplying it. In fact the price increased to N40naira because I buy at least 10 pieces daily. Lolz

htweet, Vivian and mrdeekseen like this.
  8. Vivian

Vivian Amateur

@bolade, you are bad o. So you make fibre active scarce and expensive? Well for me, the ones I like now is cream crackers or on the costly side, I love McVities HobNobs.

bolade, htweet and mrdeekseen like this.
  9. lemonade

Hehe he hehe... See generation of biscuits consumers o... Na WA! Nobody even remember our local snacks like Kulikuli, groundnut, etc...

bolade, htweet and mrdeekseen like this.
  10. htweet

htweet Fanatic

Truly I can't 4get the that taste of coconut and speedy. Just like yesterday and here they to refresh our memory of the past. Funny how time flies.

11. bolade

bolade Amateur

You that remember, how many of both kulikuli and ground nut have you consumed this year alone? Or even the past 7 years.

Sorry bro, they don't make the list

12. lemonade

Bro, forget the grammar o...I like kuli abeg! Stuck to me since my secondary school days...just that, its kinda difficult getting it around and the fact that most sellers are unhygienic makes me lose taste for it.

13. rachel

rachel Newbie

I love all types of cookies.

14. lemonade

You like cookies, I like them not that much. Have you ever tasted Kuli? That's a local Nigerian 'snack' (running you through some tutorials assuming you're foreign). Its a snack you'll relish...:)

15. andyslim

andyslim Amateur

Speedy biscuit. It was the best. I love it

16. Hannybee

Hannybee Newbie

Okin and short cake... Was so yummy

htweet likes this.
  17. htweet

htweet Fanatic

Then, we have choice and taste. Everyone to their fvorite.

Nowadays biscuit is gold. The government has turned the average Nigerian to biscuit eater. No make a complete meal in a day, biscuit must be included. Make God help us. Biscuits were to be thing of choice but now, it's a must eat. #Sufferingandsmiling.

18. mz-bhellz

mz-bhellz Newbie

Student/fashion designer
    It was speedy oo. Lol, i used to hate the biscuit before because a friend of mine used to make a mess with it. Just throw everything inside water and start pouring it about. But the day i finally bought it with my money ehn CHAI! It was #5 then and i was forced to buy #30 worth

htweet likes this.
  19. htweet

htweet Fanatic

Those were in the dark ages when eyes were not opened. Not now that we've been promised one meal per day. :D

mz-bhellz likes this.
  20. Eyor1

Eyor1 Addict Trusted

Geographical surveyor
    Kent, coconut, speedy were my best.

21. Amara

Amara Addict Trusted

Self-Employed
    My favourite as a kid was OKIN biscuits, graduated to Speedy later on. To the extent that at a point was so addicted to it.

22. sharpadeoye

sharpadeoye Newbie

My best was Fishly.... I love it back then...... Na only Cabin still dey market na, abi?

23. showax

showax Amateur

student
    Mu favourite is short cake.

24. Amara

Amara Addict Trusted

Self-Employed
    Coaster de na, kon join Chic Choco, Digestive Fibre and some other ones like that sha... Lol

Sent using 6TERS mobile app

25. Jaydon101

Jaydon101 Newbie

student
    Home Page:
    its speedey minin ooh,the taste was so nice in those days..but now if you buy it and taste it,you would regret buying it CU's its bullsitt now,and the quantity is to small and ,I also loved kido...kido was the best biscuit I I love eating when I was small... but they don't sell it again, If I I know where they sell the it I will buy the carton and put it In my house... these days the biscuit they sell are wack and there more expensive....Most especially coaster buiscuit those days and it used to be seven in it for five naira now it's just five in it for fifteen naira

26. thisisconcept

thisisconcept Amateur

Entepreneur
    BUT WHY????? :(:(:(:(
    Why would you put up throw-back favourite biscuits in picture and discussion and you won't add Okin, Short cake and Pako biscuit (although pako isn't the original name but we children changed it cos of the energy we exert in grinding our teeth vigorously with the whole of our power and sense we were supposed to apply in school) just to chew the hard biscuit). :oops::eek::eek::eek: ***weeping***
    LOL... Great throw-back post!!!

27. mrdeekseen

It took me a while to try that pako biscuit. When I eventually did, I loved it.

lemonade likes this.
  28. thisisconcept

thisisconcept Amateur

Entepreneur
    mmmnnn... I dig into your rhema

29. leovaldez

leovaldez Amateur

Teacher
    Who remembers BigBite?
    That was my favorite.
    I miss the old days.

30. lemonade

I think the Pako look and feel was the big discouraging factor...even the nylon pack was so plain you get tis disgusting feeling...infact the price was so cheap then that it sends the wrong message that the maker were frantic to make sales... Lol
    All in all, my first taste blurts out my initial reservations and it eventually turned out to be a favourite sef

mrdeekseen likes this.